Layered Peppermint Bark
Merry Christmas! Hopefully all your presents are wrapped and ready to go, but just in case this Peppermint Bark makes a wonderful last minute gift. It also makes a great treat, so even if you are ready to go gift wise nothing wrong with making some candy to go with all the other treats. I love how quickly this treat comes together, though sometimes it is rather hard to wait for it to set. All the ingredients are easy to locate, and for those willing to be extra, patient candy canes will go on super discount tomorrow so buy in bulk now for later!
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup candy cane, crushed
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a double boiler, then spread out over the cookie sheet. Chocolate should be about 1/2 in thick. Set Aside
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a double boiler, at about the half way point add half of the crushed candy canes. Once melted slowly pour over the semi-sweet chocolate layer.
- Top with the remaining candy canes and then place in the fridge. Cool for at least 1 hour, the break up and enjoy!
Hope everyone has an amazing day! Merry Christmas I’m also sending this recipe over to r/52 weeks for the final challenge: Holidays. Whether being made as a gift or being enjoyed as a gift to yourself these peppermint treats certainly say winter holidays!